Official Rules and Regulations
Note: Must be registered as a first year, full-time domestic student in a Northern College Program for FALL, September 2020 by May 1, 2020 at 16:00 ET. This $2500 credit is non-transferrable, has no cash value and must be used between September 8, 2020 and April 30, 2021.
Contest starts at March 25, 2020 and closes on May 1, 2020 at 16:00 ET (the “Contest Period”). There ARE THREE (3) $2500 prizes to be won from among all the eligible applicants received during the Contest Period. Void where prohibited.
1. Contest is open to residents of Canada who have registered for their program of choice at Northern College for the 2020 – 2021 academic year (September 8, 2020 and April 30, 2021) by May 1, 2020.
2. Winners will be randomly selected on May 4, 2020 at 12:00 ET. The winners will be contacted by May 6, 2020 12:00 ET.
3. The following other conditions apply to the prizes:
• Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, alterations, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made. Where applicable, a contest winner is responsible for all taxes, surcharges and fees associated with the use of the prize.
• The Prizes Are Tuition Bursary Scholarships that will be applied towards the winner(s) student tuition fees. $1250.00 will be applied in Semester 1, with the remaining $1250.00 applied towards the student tuition fees in Semester 2. As this is a Tuition Bursary Scholarship the winner(s) will be issued a T4A.
• If a prize winner is over 17 years of age but under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of such person who must accept the prize on the individual’s behalf. Northern College reserves the right to verify the age of any selected entrant. Northern College, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner within five (5) business days after the winner has been selected. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days after selection, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
• The winner authorizes Northern College to publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence in connection with Northern College, accepts the prize as offered and releases Northern College from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this contest and receipt and use of the prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as outlined in these rules, Northern College shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and randomly select an alternate potential winner and shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
• Northern College assumes no responsibility for lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or other electronic communications, or any computer errors or malfunctions. Northern College does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or technical error, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
• If for any reason, in the opinion of Northern College, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Northern College reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest including canceling any method of entry, or selecting a winner from previously received eligible entries.
• Northern College is not held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this contest.
• In accordance with section 42 (b) and 42 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act outlined below, by entering this contest you authorize the use of personal information, comments and photographs by Northern College for promotional/marketing purposes.
Section 42: An institution shall not disclose personal information in its custody or under its control except:
(b) where the person to whom the information relates has identified that information in particular and consented to its disclosure
(c) for the purpose for which it was obtained or compiled for a consistent purpose.
This information is collected under the legal authority of the Ministry of Colleges and Universities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M. 19.
4. Northern College will not be responsible or liable for any possible damages or injuries that may occur as a result of the use of a prize. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the contest. Entries will not be eligible if not entered in accordance with these contest rules above or if not entered during the contest period.
5. By participating in this contest, I authorize Northern College or its agent(s) to take and use my photograph (still or electronic), audio and/or video in which I may appear, and/or testimonial/comments for the purposes of marketing and promotion which may include, but are not limited to promotional materials such as brochures, web site, social media sites, College calendar, print/broadcast/digital media advertising, etc., for an indefinite period of time. Said materials may be used in conjunction with my name including composite or distorted representations for advertising, trade or any other lawful purposes and I waive the right to inspect or approve any finished products. I will hold Northern College safe and harmless against any legal prosecution or suit arising from or prompted by the use of all or any portion of the material in which I appear.