Why Choose Northern?
Location! Location! Location! Four campuses in Northeastern Ontario:
- Campus Locations
- The cost of living is lower than in large cities
- People make friends easily
- Communities are safe and clean
- Education experiences and lifestyle are unique
- Nature is on your doorstep
- Northern College video
Northern offers services geared to the mature student such as peer tutoring, academic upgrading, and special needs accomodations. We also offer a wide range of scholarhips and bursaries for returning learners.
Northern College is the smallest community college in Ontario:
- Faculty and staff know you by name
- You get faster service and personal attention
- You have easy access to services, labs, facilities, computers, etc.
- Faculty have excellent relationships with employers and networks of contacts that can help you land a job in your chosen field
Northern offers the opportunity to obtain double diplomas in a number of program areas, greatly increasing job prospects.
Small in size but big on
program selection and quality:
- over 75 full-time and part-time certificate, diploma, and apprenticeship
- courses and programs also offered through distance education (correspondence,
Contact North/Contact Nord, and ontariolearn with over 800 web-based
- innovative programs that are well respected across Canada and around
the world in the areas of Trades and Technology, Health Sciences (human
and animal), Human Services and Mining.
- many accredited programs and courses recognized by their related
- many programs with added industry certification built-in
- double and multi-diploma options
- many transfer agreements with other colleges and universities
|Northern's student retention rate is higher than the provincial
Northern's focus has never been on competition with other post-secondary
institutions. Our goal is to provide a solid, quality education to all
of our students regardless of their age, background, education and career
goals. By focusing on the students, we don't need to worry what other
"bigger" colleges are doing.