Accessibility Services Orientation
Transitioning Students with Disabilities into Post-Secondary Education
Online via Blackboard on August 31, 2021
Accessibility Services Orientation (PS1001)
At Northern College, we are committed to your success.
Join us on August 31, 2021 for a virtual orientation available to students who register with Accessibility Services.
This orientation to Accessibility Services is delivered virtually through Blackboard (Course Code PS1001) and will help students at all campuses navigate the tools and services at Northern College that are available to you.
What are the benefits?
- Focus on things that are important to know when you’re enrolled in college and have a disability
- Learn to navigate the college Blackboard platform
- Learn how to find important information – where is my booklist? Who is my program coordinator?
- Learn to use technology that might be useful to you during your college experience.
- Learn about services available to you
Need more reasons to join?
There will be prizes to be won for participating in this event! Three lucky participants will receive a dual laptop/tablet and three participants will receive noise cancelling headphones!
The Microsoft Surface Go 2 w/ Type Cover is a two-in-one tablet computer that allows users to quickly flip between a laptop and tablet on the go. The JBL Noise Cancelling Headset by Harman, allows you to tune into classes and tune out the noise.
Documentation and Campus Contacts
To join this Orientation to Accessibility Services, please first register with Accessibility Services.
Contact your campus directly to discuss registering with Accessibility Services and to arrange sending documentation (IEP, medical documentation, assessments, etc.)