WHAT IS THE ACADEMIC AND CAREER ENTRANCE (ACE) PROGRAM?
The Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) program is a high school equivalency program for adult learners. It is delivered in class by Ontario’s community colleges and online by the College Sector Committee for Academic Upgrading through ACE Distance.
The ACE program offers core and optional courses in communications, mathematics, the sciences, computers, and self-management/self-direction. ACE courses can be used to:
- meet college and apprenticeship program specific admission requirements;
- earn the ACE Certificate, a grade 12 equivalency; and
- refresh academic skills.
To receive an ACE Certificate, students are required to complete the communications course, one mathematics course plus any two other courses from the ACE course list.
ACADEMIC RECOGNITION OF ACE CERTIFICATE
The ACE Certificate is recognized as an OSSD (grade 12) equivalent by Ontario’s community colleges and by the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. ACE courses have been evaluated by the Ministry of Education.
EMPLOYER RECOGNITION OF ACE CERTIFICATE
The ACE Certificate is also recognized as an OSSD (grade 12) equivalent by a growing number of employers when hiring and promoting staff. These employers include a wide range of public and private sectors organizations, including:
- Department of National Defence
- Revenue Canada
- Ontario Provincial Police
- Hydro One
- York Regional Police
- Proctor and Gamble
- CP Rail
- Tembec (multinational forestry and paper)
- VALE INCO (multinational mining)
- Unions (e.g. Millwright Local 2309, Floor Covering Local 27)
- Municipal governments across Ontario
- Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Apprenticeship Branch
Tel: (705) 235-7240
|Kirkland Lake Campus
Tel: (705) 567-9291 Ext. 3606
Tel: (705) 672-3376 Ext. 8840
Tel: 705-336-2913 x5609
|Cochrane Learning Centre
Tel: (705) 272-4188
|Iroquois Falls Adult Learning Centre
Tel: (705) 232-5433
|Timmins Native Friendship Centre
(705) 268-6262 ext. 228
|Northern College Access Centre, Moose Factory
25 Pedabun Rd. Moose Factory, ON
Tel: 705-658-4726 x222