Welcome to Admissions
How to Apply
To apply online visit Ontario Colleges or to apply by telephone 1.888.892.2228. If there are more qualified applicants than spaces available in a given program, selection of those to be offered admission shall be made based on specific academic requirements, grades, testing and other criteria as determined by the College, respecting the equal consideration date.
Highly Competitive Programs are programs that receive more applications than seats available in the program. Applications are ranked in order of priority according to highest academic achievement in the admission requirements published for the program. After the February 1st equal consideration date, applications are either wait-listed or accepted on a first come first serve basis in accordance with the admission requirements if there are remaining vacancies in the program. Highly competitive programs are indicated on the program page.
Please note that the cut off GPA (grade point average) for highly competitive programs is generally much higher that the minimum grades noted in the program admission requirements and this cut off grade changes from year to year depending on the pool of applicants received. As a result of the competitiveness of these programs, the college may use Grade 11 grades and/or first semester grades to make their offers of admission.
February 1, 2015
• OCAS applications received and paid for on or before this date will be given equal considering by the colleges.
• Earliest release of offers by the colleges to all applicants. Offers will continue to be issued until programs are filled or wait-lists are established.
• Earliest date that applicants may confirm an offer of admissions. An offer of admission does not guarantee you a seat in the program. To hold your program seat, you must complete the following by the dates specified in your offer of admission letter: confirm your offer of admission (no fee to confirm), pay your minimum tuition fee deposit and successfully complete any outstanding academic admission requirements.
May 1, 2015
Applicants must confirm their acceptance of an offer of admission to their chosen program through ontariocolleges.ca by this date.
June 15, 2015
Earliest date that colleges may require payment of tuition fees.
Confirming Your Offer of Admission
You must confirm your acceptance on or before May 1. If you receive this package after May 1, please refer to the confirmation deadline noted in your offer of admission letter. An offer of admission does not guarantee you a seat in the program. To hold your program seat, you must complete the following by the dates specified in your offer of admission letter: confirm your offer of admission (no fee to confirm), pay your minimum tuition fee deposit and successfully complete any outstanding academic admission requirements.
How do I confirm my offer online?
- Go to the Ontario Colleges website at ontariocolleges.ca
- Login using your username and password
- Click on the View Offers tab
- Select the offer of admission you wish to accept, then click CONFIRM
How do I confirm my offer by telephone?
Call Ontario Colleges at 1.888.892.2228. Make sure you have your OCAS number available.
When and How to Pay Your Fees
Tuition fee deposit deadline is June 17, 2014. If a minimum tuition fee deposit is not paid by the June 17 deadline you may forfeit your seat in the program. For offer of admission packages received after June 17, 2014 your tuition fee deposit deadline is the same as the confirmation date stated in your offer of admission letter. Please contact the campus you will be attending when submitting your tuition fee payment. For students studying at a distance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705.567.9291 ext. 3673.
How do I make a tuition fee payment?
- In person by visiting the Student Services department at your campus between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. Pay by cash, cheque, VISA, MasterCard, debit card, or money order
- Phone and pay by VISA or MasterCard
- Fax payment by VISA or MasterCard
- Mail by sending a cheque or money order payable to Northern College to the campus you will be attending with your OCAS number clearly noted. Ensure that your payment arrives by June 17, 2014
Important Information for Sponsored Students
Applicants who are being sponsored by a third party and/or government agency must provide a letter verifying the sponsorship to the Student Services department at the campus you will be attending by June 17, 2014, or as indicated in your offer of admission letter. In the absence of a sponsorship letter a minimum tuition fee is still required by the June 17, 2014 deadline or the date specified in your offer of admission letter.