I N T E R N A L / E X T E R N A L
POSITION TITLE: Administrative & Learning Support Officer
STATUS: Leave Replacement (Appendix D)
CLASSIFICATION: Payband G
SALARY: $27.73 to 32.15/hr (35 hrs/wk)
STARTING SALARY: $27.73/hr
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately to May 13/16
DIVISION: Trades and Technology
COMPETITION #: 15-10
CLOSING DATE: May 11, 2015
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
DUTIES: Reporting to the Director, Trades and Technology, the incumbent will:
• be the focal point for information pertaining to SCWI (School College Work Initiative) and CSAP (College Student Achievement Project) initiatives.
• provide post-secondary Program Advisory and related committee liaison and support;
• assist the Academic Manager and Academic Director of Trades and Technology in various tasks and activities, such as those related to quality assurance;
• provide support for program meetings, promotion and related events; and
• provide administrative support to college-wide applied research initiatives.
The incumbent is responsible for college wide research for post-secondary program departments, applied research initiatives, and for SCWI (School College Work Initiative) opportunities. The incumbent will:
• assist in completing various submission documents;
• be required to respond to Ministry and other calls for proposals;
• be required to complete proposal writing and subsequent program/project implementation;
• act as the liaison with communities, agencies, school board staffs, other providers, students, post-secondary Program Advisory Committee members, and industry;
• respond to issues that arise, draft correspondence, conduct research, prepare briefing materials and coordinate activities, events and meetings across the college.
A detailed job description for this position is available in the Human Resource Services Division.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will possess a 3-year Business diploma or degree and have 3 years of relevant work experience. Experience must include: excellent organizational skills in an administration environment, ability to take charge, use of common business software and management information systems. The successful candidate must possess the following skills: excellent customer service, strong leadership, conflict resolution, communication, scheduling, keyboarding and computer applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, judgement and problem-solving. A visionary capacity and a commitment to positive community development are also required. A valid driver’s license is required.
Proof of valid WHMIS/WHMIS Review card is a requirement for employment with Northern College.
Successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check
“Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.”
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer