Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Effective communication is essential in today’s world whether it is in your work environment or personal life. It is a key factor to the success of any business, and relationship. Often, people have not learned how to communicate in an effective manner as they just learned from experience versus having training and skill development in effective communication management.
The purpose of this course is to help participants become effective communicators by the following means: providing an in-depth understanding of organizational communications, interviewing skills, teaching the adult learner, public speaking and presentation skills and how to effectively implement these communication skills and communication techniques on the job and in life. The participant(s) will participate in -class exercises, which allow them to apply the content of this course and relate it to their own work experience.
• Identify the elements of good organizational communication
• Demonstrate your knowledge of interview techniques through role play interviews.
• Identify the four components of the learning cycle.
• Describe the four learner styles and the appropriate delivery style for each.
• Identify the five (5) adult learning principles.
• Describe the different trainer styles
• Describe the principles of effective public speaking
• Understand the use of visual, audio aids in relation to public speaking.
• Understand the use of voice, body and humour in relation to public speaking.