Students please do not to come to your campus. For more information go to blackboard and check your program home page for further direction.
April 8, 2020: Social Distancing Message for Students
April 7, 2020: Northern College Continues to Provide Support to Those Impacted by Covid-19
March 17, 2020: Message to Students from Vice-President, Academic and Student Success Dr. Audrey J. Penner
March 17, 2020: Northern College to Suspend Normal Operations as Covid-19 Situation Unfolds
Information for International Students
Please be advised that Northern College has decided to cancel its May 2020 new intake and all the admission of those who have paid for May 2020 will be deferred to Fall 2020. International students who are still interested in Northern college but have not submitted their applications can directly apply for Fall 2020 intake. For detailed information, please refer to - Information for International Students
• Suspended all face-to-face classes indefinitely.
• Is transitioning to remote learning.
• Enacting academic contingency plans, effective immediately.
• Closed campuses to all visitors
• Increased the number of hygiene stations at all college entrances and common areas on campus.
• Implemented an awareness campaign to encourage our community to make hygiene and preventative behaviours a priority.
• Enhanced cleaning protocols across all campus locations.
• Restricted out-of-country travel for students and employees on college business. Established a COVID-19 Response Team that meets daily to pre-plan prevention initiatives and monitor local, national and international developments. All food that is self-serve and open to handling, such as coffee, tea and soup has been moved to behind the service counter for safer food handling practices.
All scheduled events and community gatherings are cancelled to ensure the continued safety of the Northern College community, including:
• The Spring Craft Show
• Open House
• Annual Northern College Powwow
• All classes and events hosted by Northern’s Training Division and Academic Upgrading and Continuing Education.
Prevention and Risks
Psychology Works Fact Sheet - Coping with and Preventing COVID-19
Canada Travel Advisory
Ministry of Health
Public Health Agency of Canada
Take a Self Assessment
World Health Organization
Bookstore - Follet Information
Campus Specific Directives & Points of Contact
Campus Contact: TCcampusmanager@northern.on.ca
Porcupine Health Unit: 705-267-1181 or 1-800-461-1818
Campus Contact: KLcampusmanager@northern.on.ca
Temiskaming Health Unit: 705-567-9355 or 1-866-967-9355
Campus Contact: HLcampusmanager@northern.on.ca
Temiskaming Health Unit: 705-647-4305 or 1-866-747-4305
Campus Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Porcupine Health Unit: 705-336-2294
For general inquiries please contact Telehealth Ontario at 1.866.797.0000
Public Health Ontario - How to Hand Wash
What we actually know about the coronavirus