Get a Grant to Train Your Workers
How much funding can I get?
The Grant will fund, on average, two-thirds of a worker’s eligible training costs, to a maximum of $10,000. Eligible training costs include tuition and fees, textbooks and materials. You contribute the remaining costs, and employ the worker you train.
Is any business eligible for funding?
Individual businesses and business organizations can apply. Broader public sector organizations of Canada-Ontario Job Grant service providers aren’t eligible. Also, you can’t apply if you’re already receiving government funding to train the same worker.
Who provides the training?
You can select any appropriate training offered by eligible third-party trainers. Check out website and application for more information.
What are the requirements?
Your business must:
- contribute at least one-third of training costs
- employ the worker you plan to train
- be licenced to operate in Ontario
- have insurance, comply with labour and human rights legislation
Also, the training and the job must be in Ontario.
Who can get training?
- have an employer to sponsor them
- be a resident of Ontario
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- not be already taking full-time education or training
If you want to hire and train through the Grant, we can help you connect with workers.
Why should I train my workers?
Training can improve business performance, profit and staff morale. The Canadian Apprenticeship Forum tells us that, on average, a $1 investment in training returns a benefit to the employer of $1.38. if you want to give your business the benefit of workplace training, this grant is for you.