At Northern College Employment Options Emploi, we can help you! Your job is out there, we will help you find it!
What Services Do We Provide?
Resource and Information
- Use of computers, internet, telephones, fax and photocopier for job search purposes
- Access to continuously updated Job Bank opportunities and local labour market information
- Material and websites on training, education and career opportunities/choices
- Free sessions on Job Search, Interviewing Techniques, Resume Writing & Cover Letters and Apprenticeship Orientation
- Self-directed interests and skills assessment tools all for free
Assisted Services for Job Search and Second Career
- Individual intake assessment to determine client employment, training and educational needs.
- A customized service plan aimed at achieving realistic short-term and long-term career goals.
- One on one support to assist with job search strategies, resume & cover letter preparation, interview techniques, and apprenticeship orientation.
- Assessment for eligibility and suitability to Second Career
Job Matching, Placement and Incentive
- Liaison with employers and trainees to negotiate job opportunities and to develop suitable training plans
- Placement monitoring to evaluate the trainee’s progress
- Final evaluation of placement and continued employment support as required