WHAT IS THE COMMUNITY DISABILITY SUPPORT PROGRAM?
The Community Disability Support Program (CDSP) provides employment assistance and support for people with disabilities in order for them to enter or re-enter the workforce. The program connects people with disabilities to sustainable, competitive employment by providing the supports they need to get a job, keep the job, and advance in their careers. The Community Disability Support Program offers individuals the opportunity to work, become independent, and reach their employment potential.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Anyone who has a verified disability/impairment that results in substantial barriers to employment.
WHAT DOES THE CDSP DO?
- Provides individuals the opportunity to work one on one with an employment consultant to develop a personalized action plan that includes setting employment goals and developing plans to achieve these goals
- Helps clients identify barriers to competitive employment and create strategies to reduce or remove disability related barriers
- Assists individuals with resume writing, interviewing skills and job search techniques
- Provides a wage subsidy to employers for individuals who qualify
- Provides individuals with assistance to purchase the supports they need in order to reach their employment goals
- Provides on-going support to both the employer and employee to ensure job retention and overall success
CDSP CLIENTS MAY ALSO RECEIVE HELP WITH:
- On the job training
- Job placement support
- Job coaching
- Employment and training supports
For more information or to apply to the program, contact:
M.C.C.S.S., ONTARIO DISABILITY SUPPORT PROGRAM
145 Government Rd West Kirkland Lake, ON P2N 2E8
Toll Free: 1-800-461-4961
NORTHERN COLLEGE, COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES,
COMMUNITY DISABILITY SUPPORT PROGRAM
140 Government Rd East Kirkland Lake, ON P2N 3LB
Tel: 705-567-9291 ext. 3677