Welcome to First Year Experience Services
The goal of First Year Experience Services is to encourage student success by promoting early intervention strategies to all on-campus students and distance learners. We are here to help you adjust to college life and your academic program by getting you the answers you need to succeed.
To register for services please use the online registration form.
The current issue of Student Health 101 is available.
What We Offer
- Guidance and support to all first year students
- Support and direction to all First Generation Learners
- Workshops, Bootcamps and Mentor Program
- Learning Supports
Guidance and Supports
The following services are available for first year and First Generation students.
Academic and personal advising
Advisement for students on academic probation and guidance with college procedures for course or program withdrawals and all procedures in the student handbook.
Referrals to other College departments
- Referrals to accessibility services and OSAP
- Student Success Centre, Program Coordinators, Student Services and Residence
- Elders Program (Moosonee Campus)
- Referrals to various community services
- School tours
- Assistance with Band Funding applications
- Assistance/Referral with Prior Learning Assessments
- Classroom presentations about various college services
- Presentation to various College departments and Community Organizations
- Development of an individualized plan of success following post admission testing
Haileybury Campus 705.672.3376 ext. 8843
Kirkland lake Campus 705.567.9291 ext. 3770
Moosonee Campus 705.336.2913 ext. 5609
Timmins Campus 705.235.3211 ext. 2164