To create public awareness and enhanced understanding of the needs of the Foundation.
To promote the accomplishments of Northern College and the achievements of Northern College graduates.
To create exciting opportunities for the creation of new student awards.
To lead and support the development and enhancement of educational programs.
To support networking opportunities between current students and alumni.
To foster a collaborative approach when partnering with individuals and organizations; resulting in enhanced community relations.
To pursue entrepreneurial opportunities that will establish strong partnerships, embrace new learners, and meet the diverse needs of students.
To engage an array of funding sources in meaningful collaborations and partnerships that meet the needs of our communities.
Guiding Principles of the Northern Educational Experience
- Learning for success
- Career opportunities through innovative education and transferable skills
- Practical, hands-on experiences
- Value for your investment
- Support for lifelong learning
- A healthy, adaptive and progressive organizational culture
- Are open, consultative and accountable
- Act with personal responsibility and integrity
- Pursue collaborative partnerships and entrepreneurial opportunities to better serve all of our communities
- Foster and encourage a safe, caring and respectful organizational culture
- Support, nurture and celebrate the contributions and accomplishments of learners and employees
- Respond to the choices and directions of Indigenous peoples
- Establish an organizational culture that reflects the diversity of our communities
- Engage in applied research in the pursuit of northern development and continuous improvement
- Connect our learners and communities through the innovative application of technology