HEALTH SCIENCES AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
Northern’s School of Health Sciences and Emergency Services is recognized across Ontario for its innovation and the excellent reputation of its faculty and programs.
Features and Highlights
- The four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is offered at the Porcupine Campus as part of the North Eastern Ontario Collaborative Nursing Program. Students take all four years at Northern’s Porcupine (Timmins) Campus and obtain a degree from Laurentian University.
- The Pre-Health Sciences program provides the science and math pre-requisites to prepare students for a number of careers in the Health disciplines and successful completion of both semesters will provide students with the entrance requirements for the BScN, Practical Nursing and Paramedic programs.
- The two-semester Personal Support Worker program reflects the most current program standard approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- The Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training Program features an on campus live burn training facility to provide greater hands-on practice in firefighting skills and is recognized as one of the best in the province. The Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs and the Office of the Fire Marshal through the Endorsement Review Board endorses the standardized curriculum used in the Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training Program.
- The Firefighter to Paramedic Bridging program allows Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training graduates to bridge into the Paramedic program and obtain an additional Primary Care Paramedic diploma in three semesters.