Program Title – Heavy Equipment Techniques
Ontario College Certificate or Level 1 Apprenticeship upon completion of placement
- Tuition and Fees Second Career Career Coach
Program codes are for September intakes except those that are indicated differently.
NORT – T093 (PC) Timmins Campus
This program can help you identify basic heavy duty equipment power system problems, inspect and test basic heavy duty equipment components and systems, and use a variety of test equipment and schematics to support heavy duty equipment operation and maintenance. Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship programs provide a basis for you to:
- Develop desirable work attitudes and a keen sense of responsibility, particularly with regard to personal safety.
- Acquire sound theoretical training to meet the challenges of today’s increasingly complex work environments.
- Reinforce fundamental skills of the trade through exposure to practical applications.
- Develop high standards of craftsmanship, problem solving skills and personal pride in your trade.
Pathways to Success
Graduates of this program may choose to stay an additional year to earn a diploma in Motive Power – Heavy Equipment.
The Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship program is offered on a “Thruway” basis and offers students multiple exit points:
Successful completion of Semester 2 earns the 1-year College Certificate and Level 1 of the in-school apprenticeship training.
Successful completion of Semester 3 earns Level 2 of the in-school apprenticeship training.
Successful completion of Semester 4 earns 2-year college diploma and Level 3 of in-school apprenticeship training.
Students are encouraged to complete a co-op placement during the summer months after first and second year. The college will make every effort to assist students in finding co-op placements.