Applications will be accepted up until Thursday, May 2, 2019.
May 2019 Programs – Still Open for Applications
Personal Support Worker
Information Systems Business Analysis
How to Apply
1. Go to Ontario Colleges (OCAS). A non-refundable application fee of $100 will apply.
2. Submit the following documents with your OCAS application:
- Official transcripts for any education completed (or in-progress) while in Canada.
- Submit an official copy of your valid passport and study permit.
- Proof of English Proficiency- IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of 6- with no individual band lower than a 6.0.
Note: Documents submitted to OCAS for education completed outside of Canada must be notarized, and translated into English.
For program information and inquires contact:
IT Resources and ServicesNorthern College requires all full time students to have their own laptop computer. Course materials are posted online and many courses use online tests, or require students to submit assignments online through the College’s Learning Management System. The College’s “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) program is mandatory for all first and second year students. BYOD is about flexible learning in the classroom that provides access to the tools and resources previously unavailable to all students. Whether engaging in virtual e-classroom sessions, or doing on-the-fly research in a lecture. For more information, please refer to IT Resources and Services.
Important News and Information
International Student Orientation Day
Friday May 3, 2019
Time: 9:30 am to 1:45 pm
Location: Quill Lounge (Pub)
9:00 am to 1:30 pm
Location: C110 (lower amphitheatre)
Kirkland Lake Campus
9:00 am – 3:00 pm in the cafeteria
We’re excited for you to join Northern College! On Orientation and Welcome Day, you will have the opportunity to:
• Learn how to be academically successful
• Make new friends and learn more about student life
• Find out about the various campus and community services as well as resources available
• Learn how to navigate within our college system
Links and Resources
Haileybury and Kirkland Lake have no airport.
Flights are scheduled to the Timmins Airport and transportation to Kirkland Lake would be 1.5 hours and 2 hours to Haileybury.
Timmins is 1 hour 20 minutes [Google Map]
By car from Toronto to:
Haileybury is 5 hours 44 minutes [Google Map]
Kirkland Lake is 6 hours and 15 minutes [Google Map]
Timmins is 7 hours 32 minutes [Google Map]