Program Title – Mechanical Technician – Industrial Millwright
- Credential Earned
Ontario College Diploma or Level 2, 3 Apprenticeship upon completion of placement.
- Program Length
- Tuition and Fees Second Career Career Coach
Program codes are for September intakes except those that are indicated differently.
T122 – Full Time (4 Semesters): Timmins Campus
T122B – Co-Op Apprenticeship Full time (4 Semesters): Timmins Campus
This Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship program will teach you how to carry out maintenance mechanic functions within an industrial setting, applying your knowledge of diagnosis, repair, maintenance and installation of industrial equipment to support the industrial environment.
Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship programs provide a basis for you to:
- Develop desirable work attitudes and a keen sense of responsibility, particularly with regard to personal safety
- Acquire sound theoretical training to meet the challenges of today’s increasingly complex work environments
- Reinforce fundamental skills of the trade through exposure to practical applications
- Develop high standards of craftsmanship, problem solving skills and personal pride in your trade
Graduates may work in a variety of industries such as manufacturing, automotive, steel-making, mining, forestry and heavy equipment.
Pathways to Success
The Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship program is offered on a “Thruway” basis and offers students multiple possible exit points:
Successful completion of Semester 2 earns the 1-year College Certificate and Level 1 of the in-school apprenticeship training.
Successful completion of Semester 3 earns Level 2 of the in-school apprenticeship training.
Successful completion of Semester 4 earns 2-year college diploma and Level 3 of in-school apprenticeship training.
Students are encouraged to complete a co-op placement during the summer months after first and second year. The college will make every effort to assist students in finding co-op placements.