Program Title – Mechanical Techniques – Industrial Millwright
Ontario College Certificate or Level 1 Apprenticeship upon completion of placement
Bring Your Own Device
The BYOD initiative allows you to have access to tools and resources. Review BYOD information prior to the start of your program to ensure you have a system that meets requirements.
- Tuition and Fees Career Coach
NORT – T094 (PC) Timmins Campus
Program codes are for September intakes except those that are indicated differently.
This program allows students to gain authentic experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of the complex industrial mechanical machinery in existing and new construction. As a millwright, you will be a team player, dealing with critical machinery that is vital to the operation of the plant. Apprenticeship programs provide a basis for you to:
• Develop desirable work attitudes and a keen sense of responsibility, particularly with regard to personal safety.
• Acquire sound theoretical training to meet the challenges of today’s increasingly complex work environments.
• Reinforce fundamental skills of the trade through exposure to practical applications.
• Develop high standards of craftsmanship, problem solving skills and personal pride in your trade.
Pathways to Success
Graduates of this program may choose to stay an additional year to earn a diploma in Mechanical Technician – Industrial Millwright.
Industrial Mechanics (Millwrights) work on industrial machinery and mechanical equipment and components. This equipment may include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel, lubrication, cooling, and exhaust systems. Some of the components they work on include pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, presses, generators, and pneumatic and hydraulic controls. Graduates may work in industries such as Aerospace, Automobile Assembly & Supply, Breweries, Food Processing, Mechanical Construction, Metal Fabrication, Mining & Forest Products, Nuclear & Fossil Power Stations, Pharmaceutical, Pulp & Paper, Steel Production, Wholesale Trading and more.