- Credential Earned
Ontario College Diploma or Level 2,3 Apprenticeship upon completion of placement
- Program Length
- Tuition and Fees Second Career Career Coach
T121 – Full Time (4 Semesters) – Timmins Campus
T121B – Full Time (4 Semesters) Co-op Apprenticeship – Timmins Campus
Program codes are for September intakes except those that are indicated differently.
This program will prepare you to apply your knowledge in analyzing and solving heavy duty equipment system problems. You will learn how to diagnose and repair mechanical, electronic and electrical heavy duty equipment components and systems using a variety of troubleshooting techniques and testing equipment to support heavy equipment operations. Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship programs provide a basis for you to:
- Develop desirable work attitudes and a keen sense of responsibility, particularly with regard to personal safety.
- Acquire sound theoretical training to meet the challenges of today’s increasingly complex work environments.
- Reinforce fundamental skills of the trade through exposure to practical applications.
- Develop high standards of craftsmanship, problem solving skills and personal pride in your trade.
Pathways to Success
Students may also choose to continue their education to earn another diploma in Motive Power Technician – Automotive Service (Compressed Program).
The Co-op Diploma Apprenticeship program is offered on a “Thruway” basis and offers students multiple possible exit points:
Successful completion of Semester 2 earns the 1-year College Certificate and Level 1 of the in-school apprenticeship training.
Successful completion of Semester 3 earns Level 2 of the in-school apprenticeship training.
Successful completion of Semester 4 earns 2-year college diploma and Level 3 of in-school apprenticeship training.
Students are encouraged to complete a co-op placement during the summer months after first and second year. The college will make every effort to assist students in finding co-op placements.
Graduates may work in dealerships, service and repair shops, or retails stores. They may also work within the forestry, mining and construction industries or for insurance companies.