There’s no better place to study natural resources than in Northeastern Ontario. It’s the perfect outdoor lab with the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Forest Region immediately to the south and the Boreal Forest Region immediately to the north.
A variety of outdoor activities and resource-based industries are located in the area, like canoeing, sport fishing, hunting, trapping, mining, lumber mills, paper mills, and particleboard plants.
Features and Highlights
- The program emphasizes working on environmental solutions, inventory and decision making for fish and wildlife, forestry, ecotourism, environmental assessment, and environmental remediation activities.
- Forests, lakes and resource-based industries are in actual walking distance and readily accessible for field labs.
- Our curriculum covers a mix of new technology (Geographic Information Systems, Global Positioning Systems, radiotelemetry) and the basics (bush skills and compass work), with the development of communication and entrepreneurial skills.
- A field camp and a two-week work placement in second year are part of the program.
- Students have access to up-to-date equipment and quality instruction that comes from smaller classes.
Tel: 705.567.9291 ext.3705