The #OwnYourPath Photo Contest is intended to be conducted by Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology (“College”) in South Porcupine, Ontario, Canada and shall be conducted according to applicable laws. Entry in the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest Rules.
1) Contest Period – The Contest begins on October 1, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) and ends on April 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”).
2) Contest Sponsor – Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology
3) Contest Overview – The judges will recognize ten (10) #OwnYourPath Photo Contest participants with a Northern College Swag Bag (approximate retail value of $150) for demonstrating how their path is leading them to Northern College.
4) Who can enter – The #OwnYourPath Photo Contest is open to all legal residents of Ontario who are prospective applicants of the College.
5) How to Enter – No purchase necessary. An entrant can enter the contest in two (2) ways:
a) Share a photo demonstrating how your path is leading you to Northern College, using the hashtag #OwnYourPath, on Twitter and tag @mynorthernc
b) Share a photo demonstrating how your path is leading you to Northern College, using the hashtag #OwnYourPath, on Instagram and tag @northerncollege
6) Entry Requirements – Each uploaded photo will be counted as one (1) “Entry” and is subject to the requirements outlined below.
a) There is no limit to the number of photos a participant may share with #OwnYourPath to enter the contest, as long as each photo is different.
c) All Entries must be complete and received before the end of the Entry Period to be eligible for the prize(s).
d) In all cases, the participant must have either taken the photo, or be in the photo (or both if the participant enters a selfie). If it is discovered that the photo was not original and does not capture their own experience, the participant will not be eligible.
e) Eligible content must be shared and searchable on the applicable social media platform using the #OwnYourPath hashtag, and must clearly demonstrate how their path is leading them to Northern College.
f) Any entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disquieted.
7) Prizes – There are a total of ten (10) prizes to be won, consisting of ten (10) Northern College Swag Bags, approximate retail value of $150 (the “Prize”), to be distributed in the manner described below in section 8. The total combined approximate value of all prizes is $1,500 CAD.
Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, is non-transferable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash or other prizes. Only one prize will be awarded per contest winner. The odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received by the contest closing date.
8) Selection Process – All selections will be decided by a judging panel, made up of four members appointed by the Sponsor (together, the “Judging Panel”), from among all eligible entries received by the contest closing date. The Judging Panel will select ten (10) contest winners from participants that have demonstrated how their path is leading them to Northern College.
a) Winners will be announced by April 13, 2018. The College will attempt to contact each selected winner within 48 hours, of if under age of majority, his or her parent/legal guardian, by: (i) Twitter direct message, (ii) Instagram direct message, or (iii) email.
b) Up to three attempts to contact a potential winner will be made. After three unsuccessful attempts have been made to contact the potential winner within 5 business days, he or she will be disqualified and a new winner will be selected. This process will be repeated until all prizes have been awarded.
c) In the event the winner is under the age of majority, their parent/legal guardian will be required to sign a full release and indemnity form stating, among other things, that they have read and understand the official rules and regulations (“Contest Rules”), grants all consents required and authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, nickname, city of residence, or photograph, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of the prize. This also applies to all contest winners.
9) General Rules and Conditions – The following other rules and conditions apply:
a) All decisions of the Judging Panel are final. Prizes will be awarded and delivered to the confirmed winners by Northern College. All entries become the property of Northern College. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, misdirected or delayed. Winners will be required to release Northern College and its agencies and representatives from liability with respect to the contest and the prize.
b) By participating in this contest, the entrants agree to allow Northern College to use the winners’ name, nickname, city of residence, photographs or statements for advertising purposes related to this contest, without compensation other than the value of the prize offered.
c) The contact information collected by Northern College with your entry will only be used to award the contest prizes and for purposes. Northern College will not use this personal information for any other reason and will not otherwise disclose this personal information to any other party.
d) In the event that a winner(s) does not meet the eligibility criteria or fails to comply with the Contest Rules, the Prize will default to the next qualifying (alternate) winner.
e) The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
f) This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by Northern College. Entrants must comply with these Contest Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these Contest Rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
g) Contest Rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law or policy of Northern College.
h) Northern College may amend or terminate any of its Contests or any portion thereof at its discretion without advance notice.
i) By participating in this contest, the entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of Northern College, whose decisions are final.
j) Persons who are not legal residents of Ontario will be deemed ineligible and disqualified.
k) The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations.
l) Northern College accepts no liability for printing errors in material distributed for this contest.
m) Northern College will not be responsible for losses, damages or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest.
n) Other restrictions may apply.