STUDENT SUCCESS CENTRES
Our goal is to help students develop good study habits and effective learning strategies by offering assistance with:
• Study skills, note taking, test taking and time management.
Peer Tutoring Subject Areas
Some subject areas include:
• Communications, General Business and Technical Math, Statistics, Computer Applications and Report Writing.
The SSC is making some changes to the way tutoring is being carried out this semester. Some of the changes are:
• 1 student per subject is hired (as needed) based on faculty recommendations. We are looking for students from 2nd and 3rd years who are dependable, attend class on a regular basis, and are strong academically.
• Tutoring will be in groups of 6 students or less.
• Tutoring sessions will be scheduled in advance, during free timeslots based on timetables for each program.
• Only students registered with Accessibility Services will be eligible for individual tutoring sessions.
Student success is our main priority. Faculty members are available in the SSC at scheduled times and there is always someone available at the desk to help.
Please click below to select an application for a tutor or to become a tutor.
or you can call us at 705-235-7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org