Gain the skills needed to handle all types of communication situations with an open, adaptable, genuine, and self-confident approach. Be able to build collaborative relationships based on trust and respect to build an effective working environment.
Delivery: This course is taught virtually through Zoom.
Course: GR7280 Section: 180
Available seats left: 18
Registration deadline: Tuesday, October 12, 2021Location: Timmins CampusCost: $ 310.75 (Includes HST) Dates: Thursday, October 14, 2021 to Thursday, October 14, 2021
Register for this Course
Thursday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Identify the fundamental components of communication (verbal, non-verbal, para-verbal).
- Recognize strategies to avoiding communication breakdown.
- Learn how to take personal responsibility in communication.
- Identify tools for active listening.
- Learn how to interpret non-verbal cues.
- Learn how to manage filters and assumptions.
- Be able to manage, mitigate, and positively resolve emotionally charged communication.
- Appreciate the value of applying a communication process model.
- Be more aware of the outcomes of good communication.
- Know what to say and the best way to say it.
- Gain insight in creating value in conversations.
- Appreciate and bridge communication styles (closing the gaps).
- Understand the importance of active listening.
- Achieve genuine communication by creating openness.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 705-235-3211 ext. 2202