Duration: 1 Day
- Hear why many programs promising change do not work.
- Receive an in-depth review of the Trans theoretical Model of Change.
- Be able to identify which of the six Stages of Change a person is experiencing.
- Learn the difference between a lapse and a relapse in the change cycle.
- Understand how relapse (failing to change) is a necessary step in achieving long-term change.
- Time their helping strategies to match the appropriate Stage.
This course will provide an opportunity for helping professionals to hone their skills and become aware that the timing of their interventions is as important as the skill itself. After the course, the participants will feel a greater sense of confidence that they can help their clients make the changes that they desire
- Addictions Workers
- Social Service Workers
- Case Managers
- Nurses and Doctors
- Professional Helpers
For more information, please contact: