The course will assist you in effectively making the transition from being a member of a team into a role of added responsibility, all the while giving you the skills needed to prepare for and make the change to management a positive experience.
This course is taught virtually through Zoom
Course: GR8000 Section: 380
Available seats left: 18
Registration deadline: Tuesday, May 4, 2021Location: Timmins CampusCost: $ 487.37 (Includes HST)Dates: Thursday, May 6, 2021 to Friday, May 7, 2021
Register for this Course
1. The Role of the Leader and Manager
- Learn the difference between leadership and management and how both are essential to be a successful supervisor.
- Learn most recent theories, approaches, and practices of leadership and management.
- Action plan based on self-assessment and group discussion as well as activities.
- how to harness your ability to be a value-based, conscious, and purpose-driven leader and manager.
2. Decision-Making Skills
- Learn the different kinds of decisions a leader/manager makes daily.
- Assess your current level of confidence with decision-making.
- Gain knowledge on the different decision-making approaches.
- Identify decision-making traps and how to avoid them.
3. Psychological Contract
- Define and understand the impact of a psychological contract in the workplace.
- Learn strategies and techniques on how to maintain a healthy psychological contract within the workplace.
4. Effective Meeting Skills
- Learn key tips and techniques to conduct effective and productive meetings.
- Understand group dynamics and the effects of groupthink in a meeting.
- Learn useful strategies to implement effective action planning.
- Learn how to deal with awkward situations and disruptive attendees during meetings.
5. Effective Communication Skills
- Learn the three main components of communication and the art of practising effective communication in the workplace.
- Via self-assessment and group activity, identify your main communication style.
- Appreciate the value of active listening in the workplace.
6. Goal Setting and Motivation
- Learn how to set goals for yourself and your staff via the SMART method.
- Define motivation and the main theories of motivation.
- Learn strategies on how to foster motivation in the workplace.
7. Effective Conflict Management Skills
- Learn different approaches of resolving conflict.
- Become more confident in handling interpersonal and common workplace conflict.
- Via self-assessment and group activities and discussion, learn what is your preferred style of resolving conflict and become aware of the different styles of resolving conflict.
- Follow a step-by-step process of successfully mediating conflict between two parties in the workplace.
8. Self-Care Practices
- Learn how to implement and sustain strategies to promote a better work-life balance.
- Identify of your stress response and how to better manage stress.
- Be the role model of work-life balance for your staff.
- Foster an organizational culture that promotes work-life balance.
For more information, please contact 705-235-3211 ext. 2202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.