This 2-day course will assist you in effectively making the transition from being a member of a team into a role of added responsibility, all the while giving you the skills needed to prepare for and make the change to management a positive experience.
Instructor will be on site at the Timmins Campus, however this course is available to attend by video conference at our Kirkland Lake, Moosonee and Haileybury Campus locations with a minimum of 2-3 participants per site for ease of group activities.
- Timmins Campus
Dates and Times: TBA
For invoicing, please complete the Registration Form
- Kirkland Lake Campus
1. The Role of the Leader and Manager
- Learn the difference between leadership and management and how both are essential to be a successful supervisor.
- Learn most recent theories, approaches, and practices of leadership and management.
- Action plan based on self-assessment and group discussion as well as activities.
- how to harness your ability to be a value-based, conscious, and purpose-driven leader and manager.
2. Decision-Making Skills
- Learn the different kinds of decisions a leader/manager makes daily.
- Assess your current level of confidence with decision-making.
- Gain knowledge on the different decision-making approaches.
- Identify decision-making traps and how to avoid them.
3. Psychological Contract
- Define and understand the impact of a psychological contract in the workplace.
- Learn strategies and techniques on how to maintain a healthy psychological contract within the workplace.
4. Effective Meeting Skills
- Learn key tips and techniques to conduct effective and productive meetings.
- Understand group dynamics and the effects of groupthink in a meeting.
- Learn useful strategies to implement effective action planning.
- Learn how to deal with awkward situations and disruptive attendees during meetings.
5. Effective Communication Skills
- Learn the three main components of communication and the art of practising effective communication in the workplace.
- Via self-assessment and group activity, identify your main communication style.
- Appreciate the value of active listening in the workplace.
6. Goal Setting and Motivation
- Learn how to set goals for yourself and your staff via the SMART method.
- Define motivation and the main theories of motivation.
- Learn strategies on how to foster motivation in the workplace.
7. Effective Conflict Management Skills
- Learn different approaches of resolving conflict.
- Become more confident in handling interpersonal and common workplace conflict.
- Via self-assessment and group activities and discussion, learn what is your preferred style of resolving conflict and become aware of the different styles of resolving conflict.
- Follow a step-by-step process of successfully mediating conflict between two parties in the workplace.
8. Self-Care Practices
- Learn how to implement and sustain strategies to promote a better work-life balance.
- Identify of your stress response and how to better manage stress.
- Be the role model of work-life balance for your staff.
- Foster an organizational culture that promotes work-life balance.
For more information, please contact 705-235-3211 ext. 2202 or email@example.com.