Learn to ride with confidence by registering for our course designed for beginner riders, with little or no experience. During the training, participants will receive in-class training (Friday evening) and practical training (Saturday and Sunday including road test) on motorcycles provided by the College. Upon successful completion of the course and road test, participants will be directed to the DriveTest Centre to receive their M2 Licence which may provide an insurance discount (check with your insurance provider).
This course includes both classroom and practical training. Participants must provide a motorcycle for the course. Individuals successfully completing all instructional hours and the 20 kilometer test in traffic will be eligible to receive an M licence. Participants are required to be in possession of their M2 licence for at least 18 months, if the M1 Exit course was completed with Northern College. If the M2 licence was obtained at the Ministry of Transportation, participants must be in possession of the M2 licence for at least 22 months.
There are no training dates scheduled at this time.
Please contact a campus location nearest you for more information.
Students must bring:
- a CSA or DOT approved helmet (full face recommended)
- a long sleeved jacket (eg. Leather, jean or work jacket)
- long pants (preferably leather or jean)
- low-heeled tough boots that cover the ankle (eg. Hiking boots)
- tough leather gloves that completely cover the finger tips to wrist (no skin exposure)