Duration 1 Day
• Understand the reasons why we need to take care with online communication
• Learn why a poorly-worded email or Facebook post can harm your relationships or career forever!
• Practice responding to rude-sounding emails and social media posts.
• Learn simple techniques to create polite and engaging emails and other online communications.
• Discuss which technologies are more appropriate for certain tasks. (email vs. Twitter vs. Facebook vs. texting)
• Explore privacy issues and limits when using online communication
• Mastering online communication will help you avoid trouble and give allow you to present yourself more professionally.
• You will feel more confident in using (or deciding not to use) these technologies for certain tasks.
• You will gain a greater understanding of how messages travel through the internet, how long they last and who can access them.
• You will experience less trouble with misunderstandings with online communication.
• You will be able to better protect your privacy online.
Target Audience: all audiences
This course requires a minimum number of participants. Please contact us should you wish to set up a training date or would like to request further information.