For Tweens & Teens By Shandelle McCurdie
2 hour class for 4 weeks
Teaching students the basics of colour theory, painting mediums, tools and techniques. In this time we will practise with watercolours and acrylic paints.
Introduction to myself and all students. We will go over our materials and how we will use them. Learn Basic Watercolour techniques, washes and application.
Students and I will talk about colour theory and apply last week’s teachings into a landscape piece that students and I will complete together.
Intro to Acrylic painting, colour mixing and brush techniques. Use our first canvas to sample materials and experiment with paint, value, . We will look at famous artists as inspo for our final class.
Students will recreate a painting from an artist that we admire using the techniques from last class. Students will have 2 painted pieces by the end of this course.
● Have Fun!
● Learn about colour
● Experiment with paint
● Understand techniques and how to apply them to your art
● Watercolour paper (4-5 sheets @ 8”X10”)
● Brushes (5 sizes; small – large)
● Jar for water (to rinse brushes)
● Old rag (to clean brushes)
● Masking Tape
● Cling Wrap, Salt, white wax crayon
● Acrylic Paint Set; Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Green, Orange, White
● Canvas (2 @ 8”X10”)
WHAT THERE IS TO LEARN
We will experiment with the following techniques and study famous artists (old & now) to understand how to apply these into our own paintings;
● Paper Prep
● Wet on Wet
● Dry Brush
● Salt, Cling Wrap and other textures
● Colour Theory Acrylics;
● Canvas Prep
● Preliminary Sketch
● Colour Mixing
● Composition & Perspective
Artist that we will learn about;
Leonardo Da Vinci
Gustav Klimt `
Hilma af Klint
Vincent Van Gogh
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org