Success for all through learning and partnerships.
Excelling in quality, accessible education through innovative programs, services and partnerships for the benefit of our northern communities.
Your college. Your community.
Guiding Principles of the Northern Educational Experience
- Learning for success
- Career opportunities through innovative education and transferable skills
- Practical, hands-on experiences
- Value for your investment
- Support for lifelong learning
- A healthy, adaptive and progressive organizational culture
At Northern College we:
- Are open, consultative and accountable
- Act with personal responsibility and integrity
- Pursue collaborative partnerships and entrepreneurial opportunities to better serve all of our communities
- Foster and encourage a safe, caring and respectful organizational culture
- Support, nurture and celebrate the contributions and accomplishments of learners and employees
- Respond to the choices and directions of Indigenous peoples
- Establish an organizational culture that reflects the diversity of our communities
- Engage in applied research in the pursuit of northern development and continuous improvement
- Connect our learners and communities through the application of accessible and innovative technology
- Practice ethical decision making that engenders trust while safeguarding the College and individuals
- Use our natural and built environments observing conservation and sustainable practices
- Enhance the quality and access to college education through global initiatives
Indigenous Statement of Commitment
In aspiring to become the college of choice for Indigenous learners, we shall act upon the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and the Indigenous Education Protocols developed by Colleges and Institutes Canada; and we shall conduct ourselves within the spirit of Indigenous Peoples Teachings.