School of Welding Engineering Technology
A Welding School of Excellence
Northern's School of Welding Engineering Technology, located in Kirkland Lake Ontario, sets the standard for welding education in Canada. Students are provided with a very unique blend of practical skills and theoretical knowledge which permit graduates to perform exceptionally well as active members of the engineering team. The optional co-op program allows students to earn while they learn. Students are able to put into practice the theory they have learned while gaining valuable work experience and industrial contacts. The challenging curriculum provides graduates with a solid foundation of mathematics, science, metallurgy and welding process technology. Our Welder Fitter program contains several practical hands-on projects which helps to ensure students are ready for work in the industry.
The school of Welding Engineering Technology will offer excellence in professional welding education that:
- Empowers graduates to stand out as innovators in the global welding industry.
- Creates prestige from international, national and provincial accreditation.
- Supports satisfaction from having a superior reputation with employers.
- Develops pride in having an impact on the challenging, scientific and technological welding industry.
- Optimizes the implementation of technology in program curriculum and delivery.
The School of Welding Engineering Technology will prepare professionally accredited graduates who will contribute to the welding industry as a critical enabling technology for joining materials.
Core Courses Include
- Welding Processes
- Metallurgy and Engineering Materials
- Codes and Standards
- Non-destructive Testing (NDT)
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Robotics and Automation
- CAD and Fixture Design
- Strength of Materials
- Fracture, Fatigue and Failure Analysis
- Blueprint Reading
- Welding and Cutting
- Welding Skills
- Welding Theory
Here is a link to Mechanical Technician - Welding Fitter.
Here is a link to Welding Design - International.
Here is a link to Welding Engineering Technician.
Here is a link to Welding Engineering Technology.
5 Things to Love About Welding Engineering Technology at Northern
1. Earn certificates for classroom training for Nondestructive Examination methods. (Some restrictions may apply). Level I Radiography Inspection, Level I Ultrasonic Inspection, Level II Magnetic Particle Inspection, Level II Liquid Penetrant Inspection.
2. Graduates of the Welding Engineering Technician program are eleigible to qualify to CSA W178.2 as visual welding inspectors.
3. The diploma programs are recognized by the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) for certification.
4. A short preparatory course (International Welding Technologist Option - WE6022) is offered to graduating Welding Engineering Technology students during their final semester to prepare them to write the qualifying examination for certification as an International Welding Technologist.
5 Optional co-op program allows you to earn while you learn.
Northern College's School of Welding Engineering Technology is leading the way in welding education as an authorized training body for the International Institute of Welding (IIW).
Certification as an International Welding Technologist through the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) provides our technology graduates with job opportunities in 38 IIW member countries across the globe. Welder Fitter graduates may complete Canadian Bureau testing.
Graduates from our Technician or Technology programs may obtain certification through the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
Northern College's School of Welding Engineering Technology is the only welding education facility in Ontario associated with an applied research centre. The Materials Joining Innovation Centre (MaJIC), located on Campus, provides students access to additional sophisticated state-of-the art equipment and allows them to work on real-life industry derived projects.
For additional information on any program offered through Northern College's School of Welding Engineering Technology, please contact the Program Coordinator at email@example.com