1. Contest is open to residents of Canada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of contest entry.
2. Winner will be randomly selected on June 1, 2018.
3. Any submissions containing nudity, lewd, vulgar or offensive behaviour, language or gestures will be immediately disqualified.
4. Limit of one entry per person. If you submit multiple entries, only your first one will be eligible. Closing date for entries is June 1, 2018 at 4 pm.
5. The following other conditions apply to the prizes:
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, alterations, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made. Where applicable, a contest winner is responsible for all taxes, surcharges and fees associated with the use of the prize.
- Northern College, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner within five (5) business days after the winner has been selected. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days after selection, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Northern College.
- The winner authorizes Northern College to publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence in connection with Northern College, accepts the prize as offered and releases Northern College from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this contest and receipt and use of the prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as outlined in these rules, Northern College shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and randomly select an alternate potential winner and shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
6. In accordance with section 42 (b) and 42 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act outlined below, by entering this contest you authorize the use of personal information, comments and photographs by Northern College for promotional/marketing purposes.
Section 42: An institution shall not disclose personal information in its custody or under its control except:
(b) where the person to whom the information relates has identified that information in particular and consented to its disclosure
(c) for the purpose for which it was obtained or compiled for a consistent purpose.
This information is collected under the legal authority of the Ministry of College and Universities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M. 19.
7. Any costs associated with the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Northern College will not be responsible or liable for any possible damages or injuries that may occur as a result of the use of a prize. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the contest. Entries will not be eligible if not entered in accordance with these contest rules above or if not entered during the contest period.
8. All entries shall become the property of Northern College. By participating in this contest, I authorize Northern College or its agent(s) to take and use my photograph (still or electronic), audio and/or video in which I may appear, and/or testimonial/comments for the purposes of marketing and promotion which may include, but are not limited to promotional materials such as brochures, web site, social media sites, College calendar, print/broadcast/digital media advertising, etc., for an indefinite period of time. Said materials may be used in conjunction with my name including composite or distorted representations for advertising, trade or any other lawful purposes and I waive the right to inspect or approve any finished products. I will hold Northern College safe and harmless against any legal prosecution or suit arising from or prompted by the use of all or any portion of the material in which I appear.