COVID-19: Northern College Policies
Students are discouraged from travelling during the March Break, however, should you choose to travel then:
• Contact your local health unit where you live or are staying within 24 hours of arriving back in Canada. Local Health Unit.
• Follow Public Health’s direction to self-isolate if you develop symptoms of fever, coughing or difficulty in breathing.
• Do not come to campus; contact your Campus Manager as soon as possible.
• If you have fever, cough or difficulty breathing please do not attend the course and contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to determine what action you should take.
• If you have travelled to Hubei province, China, Iran or Italy in the last 14 days, or have been in settings where there is increased risk for COVID 19 (cruise ships, heavily affected areas, international conferences or large gatherings) please self-monitor for symptom for 14 days after your return, and consider whether you are required to self-isolate. Please contact Ontario Telehealth at: 1-866-797-0000 to confirm what action you should take before proceeding to attend this course.
Students Participating in Internships & Work Experience Programming and are symptomatic
• Contact the local health unit where you live.
• Contact your teacher or course coordinator for updates on whether the COVID 19 situation will affect your learning experience
• In the instance that course work or aspects of your learning experience are affected by COVID 19, Northern College will work to provide tangible learning alternatives.
• Students who have attended large public gatherings, college events or conventions in the past 14 days and are symptomatic:
• Self-monitor for fever, cough, or difficulty breathing for 14 days. If symptoms of coughing or breathing difficulty develop, students should self-isolate as quickly as possible and immediately contact their health care provider or the local health unit for assessment and potential testing. Contact information is provided at the end of this email • Do not come to campus; contact your Campus Manager as soon as possible
Campus Specific Directives & Points of Contact
Campus Contact: TCcampusmanager@northern.on.ca
Porcupine Health Unit: 705-267-1181 or 1-800-461-1818
Campus Contact: KLcampusmanager@northern.on.ca
Temiskaming Health Unit: 705-567-9355 or 1-866-967-9355
Campus Contact: HLcampusmanager@northern.on.ca
Temiskaming Health Unit: 705-647-4305 or 1-866-747-4305
Campus Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Porcupine Health Unit: 705-336-2294
For general inquiries please contact Telehealth Ontario at 1.866.797.0000