Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Train your workers and watch your team and business succeed. The Canada-Ontario Job Grant offers employers training incentive.
Programs delivered by the Government of Ontario
Financement offert par le gouvernement du Canada dans le cadre de la
Subvention canadienne pour l’emploi
Prestation des programmes assurée par le gouvernement de l’Ontario
How much funding can I get?
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant offers employers training incentive. The Grant will fund:
- For small employers (firms with 1-99 employees), the Grant will fund, on average, 5/6 of a worker’s eligible training costs up to a maximum of $10,000.
- For large employers (100 or more employees), the Grant will fund half of a worker’s eligible training costs up to a maximum of $10,000.
Eligible training costs include tuition and fees, textbooks and materials. You contribute the remaining costs, and employ the worker you train.
Is any business eligible for funding?
Individual businesses and business organizations can apply. Broader public sector organizations of Canada-Ontario Job Grant service providers aren’t eligible. Also, you can’t apply if you’re already receiving government funding to train the same worker.
Who provides the training?
You can select any appropriate training offered by eligible third-party trainers. Check out website and application for more information.
What are the requirements?
Your business must:
- contribute 1/6 (firms with 1-99 employees) or 1/2 (100 or more employee) of training costs
- employ the worker you plan to train
- be licenced to operate in Ontario
- have insurance, comply with labour and human rights legislation
Also, the training and the job must be in Ontario.
Who can get training?
- have an employer to sponsor them
- be a resident of Ontario
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- not be already taking full-time education or training
If you want to hire and train through the Grant, we can help you connect with workers.
Why should I train my workers?
Training can improve business performance, profit and staff morale. The Canadian Apprenticeship Forum tells us that, on average, a $1 investment in training returns a benefit to the employer of $1.38. if you want to give your business the benefit of workplace training, this grant is for you.