Financial Assistance

The Canadian and Ontario Government have implemented a lifetime loan agreement that will cover you throughout the entire duration that you are in full-time post-secondary studies. This lifetime loan agreement is called the Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA).

4 Steps To Get Your OSAP Funding

Step 1 – Submit your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)
After you submit your online OSAP application as a full-time student, print your MSFAA or ask the ministry to mail it to you. If you applied for OSAP using a paper application, your MSFAA will automatically be mailed to you. Read the terms and conditions, then complete and sign your MSFAA.

Take your MSFAA to a designated Canada Post Office right away. You must present the following two pieces of documentation to prove your identity:

1. Proof of your Social Insurance Number (SIN): Your SIN card (a legible photocopy is acceptable) or, an official Government of Canada document that contains your Social Insurance Number (e.g. Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, Canada Pension Plan Statement or Contribution, or Confirmation of Social Insurance Number from Service Canada)

2. One piece of valid photo I.D issued in Canada by the federal, provincial or territorial government (a legible photocopy of the front and back is acceptable). Examples of acceptable I.D.: Canadian passport, permanent resident or citizenship card, valid driver’s license or provincial health card. Student cards are not acceptable forms of I.D.

Step 2 – Submit All Required OSAP Documents
All required documents listed at the end of your online OSAP application must be submitted to your financial aid office before any funding can be disbursed to you. For your personalized list of required documents, log onto your account on the OSAP website and click on “View Application Details”.

Step 3 – School Must Confirm Your Enrolment
Your school must confirm your enrolment before your funding can be distributed to you and this confirmation must happen at the start of your studies (e.g. September), then again halfway through your study period (e.g. January).

For information about your disbursement and funding, log on to your account at the OSAP website and click on “Check Status“.

Step 4 – Confirm Your Income
You must confirm your income before the release of your second disbursement, which is generally halfway through your study period. Instructions will be sent to you about a month before your second disbursement.

Once confirmation of registration has been placed, your funds are deposited directly into your account. You will receive 60% of your loan money when you start class and the remaining 40% halfway through your study period.

Please call the National Student Loan Centre at 1-888-815-4514 to check the status of your loan.

Repayment Information
Government Student Loans and Grants – Repayment Video

Indigenous Students and OSAP Eligibility
Indigenous Student OSAP Bursary Information
First Nations OSAP Handbook

National Student Loans Service Centre
Benefits of the Canada Student Loans Program
FR – Benefits of the Canada Student Loans Program
Orientation Video
Repayment Video
NSLSC On-Line Services

Campus Contacts

Haileybury Campus
Tel: 705-672-3376 ext. 1-8808 |

Kirkland Lake Campus
Tel: 705-567-9291 ext. 1-3636 |

Moosonee Campus
Tel: 705-336-2913

Timmins Campus
Tel: 705-235-3211 ext. 1-7215 |