- To create public awareness and enhanced understanding of the needs of the Foundation.
- To promote the accomplishments of Northern College and the achievements of Northern College graduates.
- To create exciting opportunities for the creation of new student awards.
- To lead and support the development and enhancement of educational programs.
- To support networking opportunities between current students and alumni.
- To foster a collaborative approach when partnering with individuals and organizations; resulting in enhanced community relations.
- To pursue entrepreneurial opportunities that will establish strong partnerships, embrace new learners, and meet the diverse needs of students.
- To engage an array of funding sources in meaningful collaborations and partnerships that meet the needs of our communities.
Guiding Principles of the Northern Educational Experience
- Learning for success
- Career opportunities through innovative education and transferable skills
- Practical, hands-on experiences
- Value for your investment
- Support for lifelong learning
- A healthy, adaptive and progressive organizational culture
- Are open, consultative and accountable
- Act with personal responsibility and integrity
- Pursue collaborative partnerships and entrepreneurial opportunities to better serve all of our communities
- Foster and encourage a safe, caring and respectful organizational culture
- Support, nurture and celebrate the contributions and accomplishments of learners and employees
- Respond to the choices and directions of Indigenous peoples
- Establish an organizational culture that reflects the diversity of our communities
- Engage in applied research in the pursuit of northern development and continuous improvement
- Connect our learners and communities through the innovative application of technology