Internal Transfer Credits

Already have courses completed at Northern College? Take the credits you’ve earned with us and turn them into more with Northern! This transfer option is for you if you are a current Northern student and want to transfer into another program, such as PSW to SSW. If you are a Northern graduate coming back to further your studies in a new Northern program. Or if you’re a previous Northern student, have some successfully completed course and want to come back to Northern. To have your credit(s) recognized for your new program:

Step 1 Your Program Coordinator

Meet with the Program Coordinator from your program of choice, who will verify the course equivalencies.

Step 2 Complete the Request Form

Complete the Request for Advanced Standing (Internal) application through your online student account portal. Use only one application for each transfer credit you are requesting. There are no fees for applying for internal transfer credits.

What happens now?

  • Minimum grade requirements and currency of curriculum will be considered in the decision.
  • Generally, transfer credits will only be granted for courses completed within the last five (5) years.
  • The grade achieved in the original course will be calculated in your GPA.
  • Decisions will be communicated to the student by the Pathways Officer.

Consult with the Pathways Officer at | 705-235-3211 ext. 2190.

Important for All Advanced Standing Requests

Students MUST continue to attend classes in the course until a decision has been made. The decisions and/or grades assessed by the Academic staff are final and are not subject to appeal. Should a student’s status drop from full-time to part-time, as a result of transfer credits, they are encouraged to meet with their program coordinator to select other courses (if possible) to add to their timetable. A change in status can affect funding from OSAP.