Duration 2 Days (16 hours)
- Describe the three main communication styles.
- Describe the barriers to communication and the various strategies to address them.
- Describe the importance of good listening skills in regards to effective communication.
- Explain how body gestures and actions effect communication.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of assertive communication.
- Demonstrate the various types of questioning and the reasons for questioning.
- Demonstrate the value and importance of feedback.
- Identify and describe types of communication that can create conflict.
Effective communication is essential in today’s world whether it is in your work environment or personal life. It is a key factor to the success of any business, and relationship. Often, people have not learned how to communicate in an effective manner as they just learned from experience versus having training and skill development in effective communication management.
The purpose of this course is to help participants become effective communicators by the following means: providing an in-depth understanding of the communication process, barriers to effective communication, listening techniques, nonverbal communication, assertive communication, questioning techniques, and feedback skills.
The participant(s) will participate in class exercises, which allow them to apply the content of this course and relate it to their own work experience.
For more information, please contact: