This is a 1 day course.
- Define and describe respectful workplace and its key characteristics as well as appropriate workplace behaviours.
- Gain awareness of appropriate and inappropriate workplace behaviours.
- Recognize appropriate responses to situations involving inappropriate workplace behaviours.
- Learn and understand the individual as well as organizational responsibilities with regard to prevention and response.
- Become more skilled in harassment and bullying by reviewing some of the key acts impacting respectful workplaces.
- Learn practical strategies to improve communication and create a positive workplace environment.
- Learn how to appropriately document these situations.
- Understand the process and value of debriefing after an incident.
- Gain a greater and more holistic understanding of respectful workplaces.
- Appreciate the negative impact of non-respectful behaviour.
- More confidence in recognizing the signs of inappropriate behaviour and how to respond effectively.
- Gain an appreciation of the debriefing technique and its use.
- Appreciate the importance of documentation.
Course Features:Theory, practical learning exercises and interactive activities as well as discussions to enhance learning.
Target Audience: New and/or current front line staff would benefit from this course. For this course, the minimum number of participants is 8 and the maximum is 20.
Methodology: This course will be presented in a highly interactive manner, with a power point presentation. Individual and group activities, will intersperse the session.
Course Type: Classroom
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-235-3211 ext. 2270