This is a 1 day course.
Develop skills to build rapport with clients, engage them in intervention, explore clients’ ambivalence and motivate them towards behavior change by implementing the Motivational Interviewing Technique. Motivational Interviewing Technique is for clients outside of the organization or as a supervisory and/or strategy with staff that are experiencing performance changes and possible struggles.
- Gain a sound understanding of Motivational Interviewing as a counseling style.
- Learn the 4 key principles of Motivational Interviewing.
- Learn and understand OARS in the Motivational Interviewing framework.
- Respond effectively to sustain talk, discord and change talk.
- Learn how to write reflective responses with case scenarios.
- Develop additional skills for helping patients to explore and resolve their ambivalence about health behavior change.
- Adapt the Motivational Interviewing method and spirit to best fit participants’ current practice setting and caseload.
- Learn how to explore clients’ ambivalence, motivate clients towards behavior change, and support efforts to reduce risk behaviors by acknowledging and enhancing natural capacities.
- Appreciate the importance of empathy and active listening in Motivational Interviewing.
- Appreciate the role of ambivalence in Motivational Interviewing.
- Gain confidence in Motivational Interviewing skills in order to build rapport with clients, engage them in treatment and/or intervention.
- Gain competence and confidence in utilizing the Motivational Interviewing technique.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-235-3211 ext.2270