Northern College Funded Training Programs
Culinary, Service and Support Worker
About this Training Program
This Culinary, Service and Support Worker Program combines soft skills and workplace related training. This program seeks to address the staffing and training needs for mining camp culinary and support service workers within Ontario. These positions require provincially mandated food-safety training combined with pandemic safety training, documentation, and reporting. The program also includes 30 hours of employability skills to prepare students to enter the workforce with a portfolio and soft skills that will further enable their success.
Duration: 446 hours over 16 weeks
Intake Date(s): Dates TBD. Register by December 15, 2021
Pre-requisites (may include but not be limited to):
- Future Focused: Work and Job Readiness
- Have interest in culinary, service and support positions within hospitality and tourism
- 19 years of age or older or if you have earned an Ontario Secondary School Diploma/Ontario Secondary School Graduation diploma or Equivalent. Mature students will be required to complete entrance testing to participate.
- Students who have not completed high school will be referred to work with Academic Upgrading to obtain their high school equivalency certificate ahead of program participation for better employment options post program completion.
Delivery and Important Information
Participants must complete all courses to receive a certificate. Unless otherwise stated, Northern College will deliver the content. Students must obtain a grade of 50% or higher and pass each course. Students must obtain a GPA of 60% or higher to successfully obtain the Board approved certificate.
Pathways to Success and Career Opportunities
This program provides pathways to employment in the hospitality and tourism industry.
Sioux Lookout Friendship Accord
Virtual with onsite kitchen training in Sioux Lookout after virtual component.
Type of Course or Program
Northern College Certificate
• Resident of Ontario
• Must be fully vaccinated for on-site component to complete the program
December 15, 2021
For more information, please contact:
705-235-3211 x 7231