Northern College Funded Training Programs
Personal Support Worker Assistant
About this Training Program
This program is intended as a stepping stone to the PSW program. This program is being created to allow for rapid entry into the workforce of newly skilled personal support worker assistants. It also allows the participants to continue with their education and complete the post-secondary certificate in the field of study.
Duration: 376 Hours
Intake Date(s): September 2021, May 2022, September 2022
Pre-requisites (may include but not be limited to):
- Future Focused: Work and Job Readiness
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Grade 12 English (C, M, U)
- 19 years old or older (Mature Student) without OSSD must undergo academic testing prior to admission into a program and must demonstrate equivalency with admission English requirements
- Students who have not completed high school will be referred to work with Academic Upgrading to obtain their high school equivalency certificate ahead of program participation for better employment options post program completion
Delivery and Important Information
Face to face delivery and may have some virtual options. Clinical/Practical must be done face to face.
Pathways to Success and Career Opportunities
Students will be able to work as a Personal Support Worker assistant, a home care worker or other helping hand roles within the Health Care Sector.
Timmins, Kirkland Lake, Haileybury, and Moosonee Campuses
Northern College Board Approved Program
- 18 or older, resident of Ontario, legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or precariously employed
For more information, please contact:
705-235-3211 x 7231