Northern College Funded Training Programs
Underground Hard Rock
Miner Common Core Program
About this Training Program
This modular program has a 95% employment success rate within 3 months of graduation. The program covers the knowledge and skills required to work competently as an Underground Hard Rock Miner.
Although customizable to meet the mining area’s specific needs, this modular training program covers some areas of competency required in the Ministry of Labour, Skills Development and Training Modular Program 770010. Students may also receive additional health and safety training as it pertains to the mining sector.
Duration: 308 Hours
Intake Date(s): Training schedule is 2 weeks in and 2 weeks out rotation
Group 1: January 30 – February 12, 2022 and February 27 – March 12, 2022
Group 2: February 13 – Feb 26, 2022 and March 13 – March 26, 2022
Pre-requisites (may include but not be limited to):
- Future Focused – Work and Job Readiness
- Participants must have a Grade 10 or equivalent and must be able to read and write in the English language.
- Participants may be required to participate in a Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- Participants may be required to complete a Medical Assessment.
- Mine site specific prerequisites and/or requirements may also apply. Details provided upon registration.
Delivery and Important Information
Pathways to Success and Career Opportunities
Graduates fill entry-level roles working in underground mining operations and have a PS credit for Northern College Trade and Technology Programs.
Sioux Lookout Friendship Accord
Newmont Musslewhite Mine Site
Type of Course or Program
Northern College Board Approved Program Certificate
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Ontario
For more information, please contact:
705-235-3211 x 2174